-
June 9th, 2003, 08:40 PM
#1
HB Forum Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> STATEMENT AT A FOOTBALL GAME
This is a statement that was read over the PA system at the football game at Roane County High School, Kingston, Tennessee, by school Principal, Jody McLoud. I thought it was worth sharing with the world and hope you will forward it to all your friends. It shows clearly just how far this country has gone in the wrong direction.
"It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country."
Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate lifestyle," and if someone is offended, that's OK.
I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, "safe sex." If someone is offended, that's OK.
I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a "viable means of birth control." If someone is offended, no problem.
I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess "Mother Earth" and call it "ecology."
I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depict people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as "simple minded" and "ignorant" and call it "enlightenment."
However, if anyone uses this facility to honor God and to ask Him to bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated.
This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical. Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except God and His Commandments.
Nevertheless, as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical. I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression.
For this reason, I shall "Render unto Caesar that which is
Caesar's," and refrain from praying at this time.
"However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank God and ask Him, in the name of Jesus, to bless this event, please feel free to do so. As far as I know, that's not against the law----yet."
One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.
They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!
The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America - the Seat of "Justice" in the "one nation, under God."
Somehow, Kingston, Tennessee remembered what so many have forgotten. We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROM Religion. Praise God that His remnant remains!
Celebrate Jesus in 2003!
Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of Me before men, then I will be ashamed of you before My Father."
If you are not ashamed, pass this on, but only if you mean it.
Yes, I do Love God. He is my source of existence and Savior. He keeps me functioning each and every day. Without Him, I will be nothing, but with Him, I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13
This is the simplest test . . . if you Love God, and are not ashamed of all the marvelous things He has done for you, feel free to pass it on!!! </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is an e-mail I got today...now, I can appreciate the story...and I can understand that this is one of those make you feel good e-mails that everyone gets flooded with, but I have a problem with it...
This e-mail was written to expose and address, what they see as a flaw in society...but it turns right around at the end and does the same thing it is condemning...
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> If you are not ashamed, pass this on, but only if you mean it. </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is the first instance...
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> This is the simplest test . . . if you Love God, and are not ashamed of all the marvelous things He has done for you, feel free to pass it on!!! </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then as if it wasn't implied enough in their first statement...they go ahead and solidify their point with this statement...how dare they use a 'guilt trip' to pass their chain letter on...how low is that?...and let's say, that was not their point...let's say they were legitimately trying to pass this story on...and not see how many people they could get to forward this...this points out another huge problem that has always bothered me with Christianity...the "My shit don't stink" mentality...just because someone forwarded this e-mail to me...and I in turn didn't...this e-mail makes it sound as if they are better than me...they "love God"...sometimes Christians seem so childish to me..."if you love Jesus, you'll forward this e-mail to everyone in the world"...fuck that...I don't care what you think about me...forward your shitty e-mail if it makes you feel better...maybe you can get that warm fuzzy feeling for the rest of the day...you can get home, sit down in your lazy boy...reflect on your day, and how you did a 'good thing'...and turn on 'The Osbournes' while you yell at your kids and tell your wife she is getting fat...
But for me...I'm gonna delete the e-mail...and send out a big "FUCK YOU!" to whoever wrote this piece of trash...
<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ June 09, 2003 05:49 PM: Message edited by: ek3 ]</font>
-
June 9th, 2003, 08:58 PM
#2
HB Forum Owner
whoa.... i applaud you, wes....
even if you don't agree with me (and vice versa)
i applaud how you handled this issue. it is good
that you noted the trickery...
and even if it weren't about christianity...
its still rude to impose guilt just to get the
shit done.
in regards to what the principal said...
he's completely misinterpreted the court ruling
and has now exploited his own beliefs as well
as the beliefs of all those that have the
same belief.
if people want to pat that fucker on his back...
so be it. if they feel proud that they are
standing up for what he said -- by passing on
such trash... so be it.
but its bogus, short-sighted and flat-out wrong.
NO ONE said you can't pray to your god in a
public school.... what was stated was that you
shouldn't IMPOSE it upon other students by making
it wise-spread and expected.
it disgusts me to read such bullshit....
and i will be posting a link to this thread
on my board....
-
June 9th, 2003, 09:52 PM
#3
TastinGood
Guest
I remember reading this (or one similar to it) a while back....
first, i think the whole thing is made up. i really doubt that ever even happened (at least not like it is portrayed in that email).
second, do you think christians would have a problem with it if buddhists were also given time equal time to publicly pray to buddha before a football game? i think there would be a tremendous uproar which is hugely hypocritical.
the issue of them guilting you into an email is ridiculous. when i used to get emails like these (from jourdan especially) then i CERTAINLY wouldnt send them out because i would feel embarrassed to actually have people know that i continued on a horrendous chain letter such as the one above.
-
June 9th, 2003, 11:48 PM
#4
Cyalaytr
Guest
I am usually directly mean or abrupt about it. I usually tell them up front that there is no God or not one that we would both agree on. And no one is going to Disney land or no small child is gonna get a free heart transplant from Bill Gates for 1 million emails.
If that doesnt work I usually just erase all the header and send it back to them sticking them in an eventual loop that they will never excape from. :-)
CYA
-
June 10th, 2003, 05:29 AM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
I usually e-mail the person back ripping into whatever the fuck it is they sent me...
and then yell at them for sending it....
then just tell them to go die or some other means of self mutilation.
I've even said that to some of my "good friends", they got pissed when I snapped out on 'em..... but they dont' forward that shit anymore, unless it's drop to the floor hilarious.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks